Saturday, September 1, 2007

Wait, what just happened?

Basically, I'd been looking forward to today since I don't know, January 7th or so, when I got into Michigan. My first football game at the Big House.

Season Tickets: Check
Refreshments/Pie/Chips: Check
Pair of bitchin' sneakers: Check

Who's ready for some Big 10 tailgating?.... This guy


This year I (along with 49 others) am a partial owner of this beauty, which is affectionately known as "The Bus".


So the day started like any other game day would, I guess, a 50 person breakfast at 6:30am, and then we set this bad boy up and started the tailgate. And for those skipped out on their Wheaties we had some liquid breakfast available for all.




The weather is perfect, the music is going, I'm getting tons of compliments on my sneakers. Everyone's feeling it, everyone's ready to see the #5 ranked Wolverines take on I-AA App State. It was a real thrill to walk up to the stadium with tens upon tens of thousands of Maize and Blue clad fans yelling and chanting. Again, I'd been waiting for this for months. And then what happens, Michigan loses in what has to be the most embarrassing loss, ever, in the history of Michigan football. And it was the kind of loss where the team just toys with your emotions all day. All I can say is that it was truly sad. It's kind of hard to swallow getting beaten by a team that's not even in your league and that throws some salt on what was supposed to be a celebratory afternoon. National Champ hopes crushed, like lone Solo cup on a Saturday afternoon. It could be a long season for the Wolverines, and by long I mean short.

What can you do? Well for one, you go home and clean the dirt off your sneakers, you make some spaghetti, and you savor the fact that you have a long weekend ahead of you. Most importantly, you think about next week's tailgate.

Summer is over folks, Labor Day is upon us. School starts Tuesday and then FingertheBlog will start getting all kinds of technical on your collective asses. You can look forward to some spreadsheets and some interesting takes on some serious supply and demand issues that you need to know about.

Anyway, have a relaxing and safe Labor Day, and just be happy that you didn't turn down instant millions in the NFL draft for a chance to lose at home to Appalachian State.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you think it was the sneakers?