Thursday, September 6, 2007

Like College, Except You Actually Do Work

All I can say is that I've never, ever been more busy than I've been in the past week. I'm under the weather from burning the candle on both ends. I've been delinquent about the blog a little, but that's because every spare minute must be used for something very important. "What's more important than the blog?" you say...well, eating, sleeping, hydrating, and crying in a stall in the ladies bathroom after stats class.

You go into the working world, you develop a mastery of what you're responsible for and then you come to school and it's really not a good feeling to be lost on something. It's like, I'm 25, this ish isn't supposed to happen to me now. I've developed the eyelid twitches which I haven't had since I started my job back in 2004. Some people have the financial background so they've placed out of classes and/or have a solid handle on the stats or accounting material or whatever, but not I. I'm just waiting for those 10 minutes they spend on media buying for me to knock their socks off. It's going to be a beautiful 10 minutes, I promise you that.

So, like everyone else I'll need to find the right balance and then it'll be all good. Don't you worry about me though. I'm doing just fine. Tomorrow morning we have our MBA Games which is basically Color War for the 25-35 year old set. For those who went to camp or played sports, it's kind of old news to us. The cheering, the sports...been there already... good times of course though, but for me, it's about competing, getting a good sweat, having fun, and not turning an ankle. But one forgets that there are students who have never been involved in anything remotely close to this, and they kind of go crazy, and it's great to watch. Hopefully they'll be some blood sweat and tears tomorrow, because a good cathartic release after a week like this is much needed. And if Friday doesn't take care of that, the Gods of College Football will hopefully be smiling rays of sunshine down upon us on Saturday. You gotta love the Sabbath.

It's time to get back to the grind and my Thai food.

No comments: