Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Seriously Isiah? Seriously?

If you've been keeping up with the Isiah Thomas lawsuit you know the crazy details that have been coming out. Basically, former senior level employee, Anucha Brown-Sanders sued Thomas for sexual harassment, and was let go from MSG shortly after she spoke up. All sorts of details are emerging about Isiah and his office demeanor, and all I can say is that this guy is no mensch. I never really liked Isiah. I especially didn't like how he was always trying to kiss Magic on the cheek and then he bad-mouthed him as a philanderer. But just to give you an idea of some of the details, I'm copying some of my favorites below.

#1. "I'm sorry to say, I do make a distinction," Thomas said in a videotaped admission viewed by a Manhattan federal jury yesterday. "A white man calling a black female 'bitch,' that is wrong with me. I am not accepting that. That's a problem for me," he said. But asked if he'd have a problem with a black man calling a black woman "bitch," Thomas said, "Not as much."

#2. Quoth Isiah to the plaintiff in this case "What the fuck is your job? What are your job responsibilities, you fucking ho?"

I'm just trying to think about this for a minute. Imagine yourself at your job. Imagine these words coming out of your mouth. I mean, it is absolutely unreal that someone could or would actually say these things. It's like when a new hire gets shown around the office and she's like "Oh, I start today, and I'm sitting on the 3rd floor", and you say "That's great bitch. What the fuck is your job you fucking ho?" And not only do you say that, but you say it like you're asking for someone to pass the salt. Unreal. Absolutely unreal.

Some of you may know that Isiah became the owner of the Continental Basketball League from 1998-2000 and basically ran the league into the ground. How did he do that you might ask. Well, my guess is that he didn't start things off on the right foot. I think his first company-wide meeting went something like this:

Isiah: I'm very excited to stand in front of you today. We have a great product and I believe that we can turn this league around. My biggest asset is you, my workforce, and together we are going to finally see the CBA reach its potential. Before we start talking about strategy I'm going to need that bitch in the red to get me some coffee.
Woman in Red: Excuse me? What?
Isiah: The bitch. In. The Red. Get me coffee. I'm pretty sure I didn't stutter.
Woman in Red: Um, ok, how do you want it?
Isiah: Black. No cream, no sugar, and yes I am sending mixed messages to you right now. Anyway, we are going to need to focus our efforts in the PR department this week. Steve, I'll need you and your team of bitches to write up a press release that needs to go out by Friday.
Steve: Ok, so how many bitches should I have working on this project then?
Isiah: Whoa whoa whoa. You watch your mouth. I, as a black man, can call those hos "bitches". Those words coming from you, a white man, I have a serious problem with that. Consider that a warning and if you do that again I'll warn you again. And I'll continue to warn you as long as you work here. Let me be very clear about that. Listen folks, I don't wear this Burger King crown around the office for nothing. I run this league, and I'm the boss.

And so what probably happened the next day? Everyone quit except for Steve and a couple of white bitches. And how are you going to run a sports league with 10 people. Not well, that's how. CBA, the Raptors, the Knicks...I mean, this shouldn't be CSI here. Isiah will likely settle and then he'll resume terrorizing the bitches and hos at MSG until he gets fired by James Dolan. I can't see this playing out any other way.

Regardless, as the soap opera known as MSG and Isiah play out I recommend keeping current by reading the NYTimes because the things that he is quoted as saying are so ridiculous it is almost funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ho-rrific