Monday, September 10, 2007

Battling the Open Faced Turkey and Swiss on Rye

My biggest beef these days has been that the day only has 24 hours. My body is absolutely begging me for a nap. The classes after lunch are the hardest, because like a baby, I want to be fed and put down for a nap. You can look around the room and see all the head bobbing action post-lunch. Between meetings and class and recruiting and homework, there aren't enough hours in the day. And on the flip side, when it's Saturday I wish the day was more than 24 hours also because you don't want the fun to stop. Every day should be Saturday, plain and simple. Aside from an embarrassing loss the weekend was great. I had two friends in from NYC and we burned the candle on both ends pretty hard. My game day theory is this: If you get home on Saturday night and want to burn the clothes you were just wearing you know had a good Saturday. Can I do that every Saturday, not a chance.

Who wears their sunglasses at night?....

We do because earlier in the day we were blinded by the horrible football we saw. True story.

As I mentioned in the last post, on Friday we had our MBA games. My legs are still so tweaked from playing three games of football that yesterday I did my Accounting reading while taking a hot bath. I literally cannot sit and lift my left leg 8 inches off the ground and I wish I was kidding. We lost in the finals of football, and my section came in last, and now I can't put on my pants with out using my hands to lift my legs into the pant legs. And on top of that I had my favorite shorts ripped in half during our second game. I spent the rest of that game and part of the next with one full leg and half a tush-worth of Jockey underwear showing. Thankfully someone had a spare pair of shorts. Feel free to send me a new pair of Under Armour shorts in the mail.

Recruiting has already started and today I had my first event. The dynamic of these events is quite interesting and I never really did this as an undergrad so it's very new to me. It's a lot of jockeying for position, making some good contacts, learning about the companies, and eating coconut shrimp. I'm really good at one of these, and I'll let you guess which one. So, I'm going to leave you guys now because I have work to do, and because tomorrow is another day of class, meetings, recruiting, and coconut shrimp and I need some much needed Zs.

No comments: