Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Blood, Wet, and Tears

Do you remember the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer can't get good water pressure in his shower? I've been living that episode every day since I moved into apartment 402 here at Forest Plaza in lovely Ann Arbor. So aside from the shower sucking, the aforementioned unfinished hole in my closet is still there (please refer to my August post for the details), and still my hot water pressure is insultingly weak. So I've been in touch with my landlord's office about getting the situation rectified. Because the building was constructed in 1925, if the water needs to be turned off in one apartment, the water needs to be turned off in the entire building. And this is kind of an inconvenience as you could imagine. Typically, the management company drafts a letter and slips it under each person's door notifying residents of the situation. Well the letter I got regarding this repair really pissed me off and I'll just share with you the part that pissed me off.

"Please be aware that we will be conducting plumbing work in the building at 715 S. Forest on Friday, September 28th, 2007. The Forest Plaza resident in Apt. #402 is requesting for maintenance to increase the hot water pressure in their bathroom. In order for this to be corrected, it is necessary for us to temporarily shutoff the water to the building beginning at 9:00 am on Sept 28th".

Every previous "repair letter" made no mention of apartment numbers or reasons or anything. So why now is it necessary to specifically call me out in a letter to the entire building? I asked my landlord this and he didn't even know about the letter. So who is the culprit then? Some angry flipping birch, who has it out for me. I have no idea why she doesn't like me since I've been nothing but nice and respectful to her. I want some answers, and if I don't get them I just may have to go in and speak to her myself the next time I drop off my rent check. The construction, as stated in the above excerpt was supposed to happen today, but yesterday maintenance came in and fixed a small leak in the hot water pipe and now my water pressure is very respectable, and no further repair is needed. So I'm going to stop talking about my apartment now even though the fridge is now leaking.

"Hey Finger, I hear you on the crappy water pressure and what's the deal with that angry woman? Jess and I love the blog by the way"


Anyway, as you may recall from the last post, the Econ test didn't go so well. Everyone thought they failed, and you know what, it looks like I'm one of the few people who has any shred of honesty around here. When I say I think I bombed a test, damn it, I'm not lying. As opposed to the rest of the class who clearly can't keep their word. Next time someone comes out of a test and says "Oh I think I failed" my response will be "Well you know what I think? I think you're a curve killing liar". But I love my classmates, I really do.

Lastly, I had to get some blood drawn this morning. Long story as to why and not interesting. At this point in my life I'm kind of a grown up. A grown up who is still on the family cell phone plan. I'm not going to deny hate having to get blood drawn. So I go to the lab at the University Hospital and their blood drawing area is an open room with a bunch of different "stations". What is this, a career fair? I don't need a bunch of 7 year olds seeing me cry and then pass out curled up in the fetal position. So they call my name and I lean over to the nurse and I say "Do you think I can get my own private room?". So she says fine and then I say "Do you think you can do it with a baby needle?" and she says fine. They're so nice up here in Ann Arbor. So I'm basically about to pass out lying there waiting for her to stick a tiny needle in my arm. She's tells me she's about to put on the rubbing alcohol, and I'm still conscious, so that's good. And then she says "do you want me to tell you when?" and like a Trojan warrior I say "Nope, just do it whenever". I'm brave like that.

So here I am, writing this blog with my smiley face sticker and lollipop. It's actually time to go do some Statistics. You probably have a 10% chance of hearing from me again at some point this weekend, so if you don't, enjoy the weather, enjoy the football, and enjoy your water pressure, because I'll be enjoying all three.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

someone is just like his father