Friday, August 3, 2007

Costco...for the beautiful people too

First, I just want to say I appreciate the feedback I've been getting on this blog thing. Granted, the feedback has been mostly from family and friends, but whatever.

I went to Costco today and I'm not going to bore you with the whole "who really needs 3 lbs of coleslaw" thing, because that's old. But I want to comment about a few things. One was a blue cheese burger which entailed bits of blue cheese pre-mashed up into a hamburger patty. The kosher man's wet dream if you will. Flavored water, fine, flavored chips, obviously, flavored condoms, pretty nasty but this is America, so whatever...but pre-flavored meat? Are we really at the point where we are too lazy to top our own burgers. I ate about four samples so I can vouch for the blue cheese burger's tastiness, but if I'm eating a cheeseburger I'm doing it ye olde fashioned way. I did buy some regular burgers though, Kirkland burgers, and if I wanted to I could've bought some Kirkland t-shirts, and maybe even a Kirkland sofa too. I can only comment on their t-shirts, of which I own many, but if their burgers feel even half as soft as their t-shirts do then I might forgo B-school and work for Senor Kirkland, because this man is a genuis.

If you ever want to prevent people from spending unnecessarily you can call me and for a few dollars I'll say "no" to everything your friend/spouse/roommate/parent ever picks out, at any store. I can single-handedly cut $200 of your monthly expenditures. When we moved I went around and took every last roll of toilet paper with me, and the reason is this "This is America, and shit ain't free". Maybe I'm cheap, maybe I'm crafty, maybe you want to take me home to your mother and make me your baby's daddy, but without a doubt, I can save you money and I can be your own personal Costco, sans initiation fee.

No comments: