Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Chiiiinese Chicken Salad and Other Summertime Favorites

For business school they recommend you get your resume in order before you get on campus, and this makes perfect sense. From everything I've heard from faculty, students, and alumni, you really hit the ground running. Based upon this past weekend I think I can add the following items to my resume under "Skills"

1. Air Drying
2. Watching the Discovery Channel
3. Not wearing underwear

And while you think these may all be tied into one crazy incident, they are not.

First, I've always been excellent at air drying. Plus, air drying is environmentally friendly. So while you are filling up your SUV at $3.49 a gallon this summer, I am not using towels, not running excessive washes, and therefore minimizing my "energy footprint". What you know about that Al Gore? You must have left that little "inconvenient truth" out of your last movie.

Next, watching the Discovery Channel. And when I say Discovery Channel I really am referring to Man vs. Wild which is my second favorite show on TV, after HBO's The Wire. Anything I write will hardly do this show justice. A friend recently proclaimed that Man vs. Wild (new eps on Friday at 9p) was the highlight of his Friday, to which I concurred. I don't know if this says more about the sad state of our social calendars as it does about the sheer awesomeness of watching Bear Grylls single-handedly take nature to school. I urge you all to watch it. You can even make a drinking game out of it before you go out on Friday night. Every time Bear says "lashings", or "nature's superfood" take one sip. Every time Bear eats an animal/fish/bug raw drink a beer. If you want to learn how to catch a rabbit with a shoelace and a stick this show is for you. If you're not sure just check out www.beargrylls.com.

And lastly, I wore a bathing suit virtually the entire weekend. When I finally needed to wear jeans, my careless P.A. ("personal assistant" for the hoi polloi) didn't pack the correct underwear, so I went commando for like, six hours. Come on, like you've never done that before?

Anyway, I'm back in NYC for a few days this week and looking forward to catching up with some friends. If you are looking for me I'll be with stick and shoelace in Central Park trying to catch dinner.

No comments: