Sunday, June 3, 2007

Um, hello, is this thing on?

So this is the first entry of my blog. I've talked about starting a blog for so long that as I sit down to write I'm almost kind of over the whole idea. But this is going to be fun, people, maybe not so much for you but definitely for me. I'll try not to bore you with the mundane, like what I ate today (oatmeal, hamburger, scallops), or what I thought about Entourage (yawn). What I will try to do with this thing is let you know what I'm up to, where I am, what sneakers I'm wearing, and most importantly, hopefully I'll get you all to come back and check the blog once in a while.

If you want to see female celebrities getting out of limos this is not the place. If you want sports scores this is not the place, although occasionally it might be. If you want breaking news you should probably check somewhere else. Oh my gosh, did you see what happened on Grey's last night? No, I didn't, that show is horrible and I don't care, please leave my blog. I promise that there will be something for everyone, maybe not in each entry, but I'm going to try my darndest to keep it interesting.

Tomorrow starts a somewhat new chapter for me. Last Friday was my last day of work. I'm off for the summer, and I'll be doing some traveling, hanging out, not getting paid, eating some home cooked meals, and getting ready to head up to the University of Michigan in August. Friday wasn't particularly traumatic since I'd given notice at the end of last summer. On Friday I brought home all the important items I'd need in the future like every pay stub since April 2004, the mini strawberry jams I had apparently been collecting, and the 300 napkins I'd taken from Chipotle, and then I left and that was it, gone, done, fin. I wanted to get the IT folks at work to retire extension x7940, but no dice. And because they didn't retire my extension I think it is pretty safe to assume I'm going to be calling my old work number every now and then and asking to speak to "John Finger, the media genuis".

So yeah, work is over and I'm onto the next phase. I hope you'll check in every now and then because this summer has the potential to be one of the best summers of recent memory, or a ridiculously slow and boring next couple of months, although I'm pretty sure it is going to be the former and not the latter.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scallops? Were they coconut breaded? And where'd you get a taste for those? I am so inspirational.

Unknown said...

We miss you already Finger!!!!!