Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's All Greek to Me

So we're in Mykonos now. Last night there were like, 20 of us at dinner and Stavros Niarchos is telling this long story and I cut in and I'm like, Stavros, malaka, there's a reason they call it "shipping", and then everyone burst out into laughter.

Ok, that is totally false. After three consecutive 20-22 hour days I passed out early after eating my first Greek meal, a chicken burrito from a mexican restaurant. Viva Zapata, baby. I got back into the Greek swing of things at lunch with a little rose to go with my grilled octopus. Good stuff.

Mykonos has been good so far. Beach has been excellent, and at 4:30p the house music starts to thump and the clothes start to come off. For the majority of the folks the clothes should really be staying on though. When I left you all last I was hot and bothered, and it got a little worse after that. We took a shortcut to the hotel and happened upon "Little Albania". I'm wasn't so much worried about being mugged, as much as I was worried about being put on a spit and grilled. I wish I was kidding. But things got better once I remembered that the hotel had a rooftop pool. When it's hot out and you go into a pool my grandfather likes to call it a "michaya" which is yiddish and is probably spelled wrong. For those of you not up on your yiddish it's the equivalent of reaching into an old jacket pocket, finding $20, Evangeline Lilly's phone number and a warm french cruller.

I can't say I know much about what's going on in the world these days. I heard LeBron and the Cavs came back from 0-3 to win the NBA title. You go LeBron, you are truly the King. I did see that Chris Benoit roid raged real hard and killed his family, which is incredibly sad. There's probably some good stuff going on in the world too, like the iPhone is saving lives or something.

I hope all of my 4 readers are doing well, Finger: The Blog misses each and every one of you guys. There's a ton more I'd love to tell you about, like visiting cousins in Tel Aviv the last night we were there, but I'll have to save some of the "A" material for a later date. I'm getting dark and swarthy and people are starting to talk to me in Greek, so I must be doing something right. I'm off to buy some crazy delicious grapefruits and nap and get ready for the evening.

More later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

IZZZ Greeeeeeeeeeek!!!

Esh said...

Just trying to keep you up to date on some current events. Last night Larry King interviewed Paris Hilton and it appears as though she has really grown from her experience in prison.

KING: What don't you like about Paris Hilton? What's a personality trait Paris Hilton would change?

HILTON: Something -- when I get nervous or shy, my voice gets really high. I've been doing that ever since I was a little girl. And that's something I don't like that I do. I like when I talk in my normal voice, but sometimes I go down, and that's something I'm trying to change about myself.

Jacob in Whoknowswhereistan said...

John, you have 5 readers. I've been reading and enjoying your blog -- so that makes 5!

ox, Aunt Carol

Jacob in Whoknowswhereistan said...

Oops John -- it came out that it was Jacobinwhoknowswhere that made that previous comment but that's because of some mix up on my computer. It was me ... not Jake. Jake has no access to read blogs right now as he is somewhere in Bangladesh. I've actually been posting his blogs for him since he arrived in China as he cannot read/post blogs from China either. ox, Aunt Carol