Tuesday, February 19, 2008

College!

It feels like it's been a little while. I'm currently in the midst of finals and as of now it's one down and two to go. I had my valuations exam, which surprisingly had very few calculations. Let's just hope that when the professor grades the test he's not surprised at how few calculations I made.

I think the highlight of the past week has been the opening of Big Ten Burrito Cantina, which is only a few blocks from my apartment. Think Chipotle, but cheaper, and with couches, foosball, drunk undergrads, hip-hop and margarita machines. Oh and it's open until 4am. During our last day in Valuations we were in the middle of our 10 minute break, which is about an hour into class, and I sat back down at the desks with my two friends. I was sipping a soup, one guy was eating a salad, and the third guy looks at us, and says, "You want to go play some foosball and drink some beers?". My friend looked at his salad, and then looked over at my soup. Then we looked at each other, put the lids back on our mid-afternoon snacks, picked up our bags and left. It was probably the closest "College!" moment I've had to date since school started. And just for the record I rarely missed class in college and I can say I've never missed an entire class here at Michigan.

BTB Cantina is fun during the day, and at night it turns into Spring Break. Minors are allowed (they don't get wristbands which signifies an "of age" person), and it's packed wall to wall. I was in the bathroom and this guy walks in and he looks really sad. He's just looking in the mirror and shaking his head, so I say, "what's wrong?", and he just says "my shoes, some girl just puked on my shoes". He wasn't lying. But come Sunday I'm going to trade in the faux Ann Arbor Spring Break for the real thing when I go down to Puerto Rico with a couple of friends to surf. We rented a house on the beach in Rincon and we're going to get after it. I'm not bringing my computer, so no new blogs for a bit, but shiiiiiiiiiit, I'll be coming back with plenty o' stories to share with ya'll.

No comments: