Thursday, February 14, 2008

40 Days & 40 Nights...of Tees

I got a gift for Valentine's Day. At the thai place I go for takeout, every time you buy a meal you get a card stamped and after 10 meals, the 11th is free. Well it just so happened that on this February 14th I cashed in on that free meal. Nothing says Valentine's Day like sitting at home alone and eating some curry, right? The guy who was on the wok totally hooked me up too. I'm not sure whether it was because he knows I am a loyal customer, or because at 9:30pm on Valentine's Day I was ordering takeout and he felt bad.

After two nights of going out hard I needed to hit the gym today. Let me tell you, you're not finding any former Prom Queens at the gym at 9pm on Valentine's Day. So what am I doing tonight then you ask, aside from the gym and thai? I'll go to Rick's where the self-esteem is low and drinks are cheap. I don't want to run you through that whole sweater shtick again, but the other night at Scorekeepers I was talking to this girl and she said "um are you..." and I interrupted and said, "wearing a sweater, yes, in business school, yes" and she laughed because that's exactly what she was thinking. It was at that moment that I decided for the next 40 Days and 40 Nights I'm only going to wear t-shirts at the bar, and not just normal t-shirts, but t-shirts that say ridiculous things like "I Am Queens Boulevard". I wore a t-shirt out last night. It really wasn't a big deal when I wore it to a section bowling event (rolled a 171...where's my money Lebowski) because I was kind of working up a little sweat, but by the end of the night all I wanted was a sweater. It's freaking cold up in Ann Arbor. So I'm pretty sure my 40 Days and 40 Nights plan is going to end a robust 1 day. It's not worth getting sick, especially with finals next week and more importantly with a Spring Break surfing vacation coming up.

If you're reading this post on Feb 14th, chances are you're having a pretty crappy Valentine's Day. But don't fret, at least you're not writing this post.

No comments: