Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What I am Thankful For, Factorial.

Current Knicks point guard/modern day romantic Stephon Marbury has been really busy these past few days. Between blackmailing Isiah Thomas and missing games Steph seems to be poised to ruin the Knicks season before the month of November is over. Hey, no worries though, because if basketball doesn't work out he can always teach math...



"If I didn't play the way how I played, I wouldn't have gotten no max contract," he said. "They can talk about whatever they wanna talk about me, because I got maxed. I'm a max player. Don't get mad at me, because I'm telling you what's real. One plus one is two, all day long, and it's never gonna change. And that's factorial."


One plus one is two, all day long, and that is a fact...orial. I am thankful for Stephon Marbury, because as long as he's out there I'll have blogging material.

I’m thankful for “Z-indicators”. I was talking with a friend last night and came to the realization that any company/product that substitutes a “z” for an “s” basically suckz. For example, Lugz, Hot-Headz, and Zales. Ok, maybe not Zales. Z-indicators take a lot of guesswork out of the consumer experience, which we should all be thankful for. Unfortunately, in Ann Arbor I blatantly ignored the z-indicator and went to a place called Nogginz for a haircut. Twenty minutes and twenty bucks later I walked out looking like a cholo. I’m not sure I understand the allure of having your hairline form a 90-degree angle, but I am sure I’ll never go back there.

I’m thankful for that fact that I don’t live in Detroit. Last weekend I tailgated for the Giants/Lions game and I thought I was on the set of the critically acclaimed HBO show “The Wire”. What can you say about a city that smells like marijuana and hot dog water? It was really sad actually. There were literally entire blocks that were cordoned off by barbed wire. Easily over 50% of the buildings I saw were partially boarded up. A typical one mile stretch is basically liquor store, liquor store, check cashing store/pawn shop, liquor store, Zales, mini-mart. I’m not sure a city like Detroit is ever going to enjoy a renaissance. They have such a long way to go. Ford Field, however, was a pretty spectacular venue.

Below: On location at the tailgate.








Below: Chris and Marlo from The Wire...tailgating?












I'm thankful for the few days off from school that I have. I'm sitting at home in CT in the comfort of my living room, computer on lap, football on the TV, with a cold glass of milk. Milk, and sleeping late...definitely will do a body good.

I'm thankful for a lot of things, and I'm thankful that you all keep reading my blog. Have a great Thanksgiving.

No comments: