Monday, November 26, 2007

Endangered Species

A wise Michigan grad said, "If you make it to Thanksgiving without snow, consider it a small victory". Well, we made it to Thanksgiving without snow. However upon returning to the great state of Michigan we've been blessed with sleet, rain, snow, drizzle, shnizzle, and everything in between. The good news is that I think those crows either went South, or they died. I'm hoping the latter. Anyway, I don't remember seeing pictures of people bundled in their jackets walking to class in the Michigan brochure. It's snowing, what are you going to do about it? You can do what the ladies and squirrels do...gather some nuts and a few hundred boxes of Entenmann's and hibernate for the winter, or you can do what I'm going to do which is work out in preparation of a Spring Break trip that may or may not actually happen.

I haven't felt this rested in a really long time. I actually made it through the 8-9:30 part of Marketing without feeling like I was about to fall asleep. That's a first. I'm feeling energized but realize this feeling is going to fade pretty quickly. Oh well.

I have to keep this a semi-short blog today because of meetings and other necessary evils, but I will say this...how many Bambis had to die in order to warm the toes of the Michigan female population?













Oh, how cute...(gunshots)...oh how warm...












The name of the boot above is the "Rainier", which is just a little too close to "Reindeer" if you ask me.

Little Girl: Mommy, why is Santa's sleigh uneven?
Mom: Would you rather have cold feet?

All I know is that everyone and their mother seems to have a pair of these things, and of the hundreds of girls I've seen wearing these boots, I think eight have looked good in them, and I don't wear my glasses all the time so it was probably more like three. To all the girls who wear these baggy sweatshirts, leggings, and boots like the ones above....




Who am I to tell people how to dress though. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

No comments: