Friday, November 30, 2007

Bowling

I bowled yesterday. This morning my right forearm is totally tweaked and I feel like my left butt cheek somehow detached itself last night, ran 10 miles, and then reattached itself before I woke up. Is this what it's like to be 26? Despite the soreness today, I really enjoyed bowling last night. There is something very satisfying about throwing a strike, turning around and knowing that 30 people just saw you throw a strike. As Bos would say, "It's good for the confidence".



"Finger, tell them. Nobody fucks with the Jesus"

But let me tell you something not good for the confidence. Yesterday, it felt like I was one of three people in the entire MBA1 class not dressed up for recruiting. Between I-banking dinners, a Bain presentation, and a marketing symposium, it seemed like everyone was in jacket and tie or business casual. It got me thinking that maybe I was slacking off or something. I'm doing recruiting my own way, and shoot, if I get the job I want I'll feel pretty good about not having stressed myself out unnecessarily. However, if I don't get the job I want I'll be dusting off the tennis racket and posting fliers in Food Mart. I'm not throwing in the towel yet though. Ew.

Big weekend coming up. A big date...with my couch and TV tomorrow all afternoon for the conference championship games, and then my first hockey game tomorrow night. But now, back to reading about Foreign Direct Investments...


No comments: