Monday, November 12, 2007

Pot Luck

Oh man, I really have no business writing this post given the amount of work I have to do, but I've been away too long and I miss it. I'm trying not to run into making these weekly posts the "this is what I did last weekend" type of post, but this is what I did last weekend....

Saturday was one of the stranger days I've had in a really long time. I watched the Michigan game with some friends and then went to a pot luck dinner with some of my classmates, some of their spouses and even some of their kids. I remarked upon arriving that this was hands down the most grown up thing I've done since coming to Michigan. I made a cold barley salad with peppers, mozzarella, onions, tomatoes and cilantro. The theory behind my dish was simple, add as much color to it as possible because color is impressive. It actually happened to be pretty good too. When I opened the dish someone said, "Finger, that looks delicious." To which I replied, "It is, and look how colorful it is". It was nice to hang out with people who I typically would not hang out with. One of my classmates was there with her daughter. She's raising a 6 year old by herself, while attending Business school full time. Does someone like that even get phased at being cold-called? For Christsakes, she's had a person come out of her body, everything else must be child's play right? After changing how many diapers, and cleaning up how many spills do you feel like you could step into a ring with Mike Tyson? I don't know how she does it.

So after having a great, and extremely diverse dinner I went home and then went to one of the campus bars to hang out with some friends and consume the Saturday night special of $6 hard liquor pitchers. Full regression was underway as my mentality went from "grown ass man" to "frat boy" in about the span of an hour. But I guess that's part of the charm at Michigan. There's something for everyone, and if you're like me, you can make your two years a "pot luck" and sample a little bit of everything.

Anyway, in honor of the chick pea masala I ate on Saturday night that ended up giving me nightmares (although it was quite tasty), I'm going to leave you with a link to a video I found amusing. I've got to figure out how to embed some of these videos.

This is Safe For Work although it has sound. If you don't like stupid humor you should just skip it.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/9da8271a25


This weekend...Michigan versus Ohio State. I'm hoping the Big House gets so loud and crazy that the Earth just opens and swallows everyone whole. It's going to be quite a crazy weekend, and quite a busy week leading up to it. Happy Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have pot luck than no luck at all

Benny Lava