Monday, November 24, 2008

Eat. Drink. And Be Bloody Mary.

I just got off the phone with Lenovo tech support. My left speaker stopped working, and who knew that by uninstalling installing and restarting about 14 times I'd finally be able to listen to AC/DC on both speakers again just 67 mins later. Whew. But seriously, what a royal pain in my ass. The woman I spoke with originally said I'd have to send my laptop out to Memphis for a check up, and I said "Oh hells to the no". That wasn't happening. But everything is all good now.

This weekend. Columbus. Ass whooping. Windburn. Spicy Bloody Marys (Maries?). Hot Chocolate with peppermint schnapps. Beer. Beer spiked with Jack (Boilermaker?). Hot Dogs. Chili dogs. Sausage McMuffin. Cookies. Pretzels. Tummy hurts (so good).

Despite losing and capping a miserable season, Ohio State was a solid time. The tailgate, which was put on by my buddy's girlfriend's Dad was serious. Here's a pic. It's blurry but here are all the Michigan peoples at the tailgate with our host in the middle.

O-H...I-know we suck this year.

And the best part was that I found a secret bathroom in the basement of the bookstore which was convenient, close, and clean. There wasn't much harassing from the Ohio State fans, but as you can see, there wasn't a whole lot of Michigan gear visible...not by coincidence either. In some ways Ohio State fans don't want to kick our ass that badly, on the field that is. I can't speak for their outside-the-game mentality. They want to beat the crap out of us in a hard fought contest, and I don't know if Michigan will be able to bring the pain for a few years at least.

I think one of my favorite moments was on the way back to Ann Arbor we pulled up to a stop light and in the back of the guy's car that was stopped next to us he had a shotgun propped up in his baby's car seat. The baby was not in the car seat though, thankfully. I just don't think you're going to see that in the NY-Metro area so much, and I'm all right with that.

So I've got one more day of class left and then it's off to NY/CT for Thanksgiving. It'll probably be a bit before I get back on the blogosphere but coming back home always gives me something to talk about. Unfortunately I'll have a decent amount of work to do, but I'll just be happy to be home. So to all you loyal readers, I'm thankful that you all, or as they say in the Western PA/OHIO, I'm thankful that 'yins' keep coming back for more. Eat much turkey and enjoy.

No comments: