Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm Wearing a Hoodie to the Last Game

Greetings. I wanted to hit you with a quick post since I leave tomorrow for sunny Columbus, OH, home of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Michigan travels to Ohio State to DOCUME%7E1/John/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.jpg" alt="" />renew what is arguably the best rivalry in college sports. This year I don't know how much of a game it's going to be since Michigan has had it's worst football season since George Washington chopped that cherry tree, or something. This is kind of how I envision the game going.

Wedgie.

From all accounts, including Michigan and OSU fans, the Ohio State fans are absolutely horrible. Like, they are crazy, and will fight, and will throw things and dump tar on puppies. So my goal is to not die, which I think I can handle reasonably well. Trying to hop onto someone's porch and have a beer a la Penn State will be something that I will avoid at all costs. A win at Ohio State will make Michigan fans feel a ton better but Ohio State is really solid, so I'm not holding my breath.

As of late I've started feeling like a senior and this is for several reasons. One, because I only have six months of school left, or maybe more like five, and two, because I turned 27 today, and going to Scorekeepers makes me feel a little bit more like an old dirty man each day. It's not enough to deter me from going but it's enough to make me think about it. Now last year Scorekeepers (Skeeps) was the spot and I don't think my friends and I missed a single Tuesday or Saturday there Jan through April. For whatever reason we gave up on it a bit this year, but we all made a pact (this is what you have to do if you are old ass bitches like we are) that we were going to not go home after our class let out at 10p and we were go to Skeeps. So we went. And as I've said before, please Lord let me never have a daughter, please Lord let me never have a daughter. Maybe you remember how Mike Tyson used to enter the ring wearing simply a towel with a hole cut for the head. If not, here is it.

I wish the pic was bigger because you could see how bad ass this guy looked. Since then things have kind of gone downhill for Mr. Tyson, but back then, sweet Jesus, watch out. Now picture that towel, but then cut off about two-thirds of it and somehow make it a woman's shirt, and that my friends is the dress code at Skeeps. So these girls dress like bad asses in a different kind of way. So to the girls, I say, "go on with your bad selves". To the guys, seriously, what is this all about. I didn't get the memo, but apparently you have to wear a hooded sweatshirt out at all times. And not only that but underneath you need a cool $50 t-shirt. Granted, these guys are the ones who end up getting the girls, but we're talking about undergrad dating so nobody knows anything anyway. What seems somewhat apparent is that "Hooded Sweatshirtitude" is directly correlated with "douchebaggery".

Like if you wear this sweatshirt it's like, okay, whatever, I'm cold and I'm going to sit in the corner and smoke cigarettes and I may need a lint roller for the dog hair.

But then maybe you kick it up a notch and wear this which says, ok, I've seen some pics of Kanye, and I'm trying to be stylish without being offensive.




Or maybe you just turn up the volume and wear this, which to me says, "Oh shit, someone spilled paint on me...pysch...it comes like this, and I paid $300 to look like someone spilled on me. What up now, son."

I don't have any "cool" hooded sweatshirts, although I think I'd like to have one. Maybe. Maybe not.

So I'm going to call it quits and read some HBS case which I am pretty much sick of at this point, but I'm not complaining because I don't have anything to complain about these days. Have a good weekend folks.

No comments: