Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ocho Cinco: The Blog's Neighborhood

"aaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!"
"deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"
"phiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!"
"woooooooooooooooooooo"

The above is literally all I've been hearing from my window all weeeeeeeek!!!! It's Fall Rush, and I'm like, so nervous for ADPhi, because they like, so need to fill the house next year, and like some of those freshman are bitches and I heard one of them hooked up with a senior's ex-boyfriend, and that's not cool. I can't wait to haze them.

...and, we're back....

My day to day has been pretty uneventful. Basically, home to school, and back, and lunch and eventually out to one of the bars. Today I had to do some real people errands, like get a haircut and go to Verizon. Now that I'm down to 12 readers, or 13 now, from what I'm hearing, I need to get people back on the Finger: The Blog bandwagon. I assure you there is room, so invite people. For you loyal readers, you might recall a post last year dealing with my theory about companies utilizing the strategically place "z". In case you want to head back in time and read this I'll be here waiting for you.

Ok, so now that you know how I feel about Nogginz, you'd think I'd never go back. Later that year I found a woman there who actually did a good job. She's not back this year, apparently because she's touring with Kid Rock or something. I made that up. But yeah, she's not here anymore, so I actually had some dude cut my hair. I should've known I was in for a bad haircut when the dude turned the chair around so it DIDN'T face the mirror. So it felt like he was doing a good job, but I really couldn't tell. At one point he said, "Bro, you've got a ton of cowlicks going on back here", to which I replied, "yeah, I guess I can't really do much about that huh?", when really I wanted to say "bro, it's called being jewish, and those are called curls". And on top of it all, Edward Scissorhands pulled out a straight-razor at one point and started achop chopping.

Yeah, just keep it short and don't cut my neck.

As I said back last November, when you pay $20 for a haircut, you get a $20 haircut, homes. After my haircut debacle I went to Verizon to pick up a new phone, and normally a trip to Verizon wouldn't be blogging material but there was a woman in the store who was making a serious case for a new phone and she wasn't using her inside voice either. She claimed that her phone "got broke" and then "got stole" and because her phone broke before it was stolen she was entitled to a new phone. The woman working at the counter, a real Frances McDormand type (from Fargo) was giving the customer a ton of sarcastic sass, and made the point that if this woman's car had been stolen she wouldn't go to the dealer and ask for a new one. I thought that was a great point and should've ended the conversation right there, but the customer decided to start crying instead. It was pretty awesome.
Definitely awesome. Ya.

In a few hours I leave for glorious South Bend, Indiana to watch the Wolverines hopefully make a mockery out of Notre Dame aka the most overrated team in the country/world. I'm driving down on The BUS.

The BUS. Behind my friends.

And when I get down to South Bend I'm going to be one of twenty people living in a house built for not twenty people, and it's going to be awesome, except for the fact that there is one bathroom for the twenty of us. I'll let you know how that goes next week. Anyway, watch the game and rush ADPhi.

No comments: