Monday, September 1, 2008

A Different Kind of Bristol Scale

Yesterday my body said, "yo, chill out", so I'm listening. I'm not sure what it is, but when these MBA folks leave the workplace they all of the sudden start treating their bodies like garbage. I'm not even talking about the greasy food and cheap pitchers, I'm talking about stuff like forgetting to drink water. Some girl apparently passed out at The BUS on during Saturday's tailgate. I thought it should go without saying, but I guess maybe people do need to be reminded to drink water. During class today some girl left the class and about 20 minutes later someone from facilities came in to tell the professor she had to be taken to the hospital. Hopefully she's okay, and it was nothing serious. So I'll say it just this once, but please readers, hydrate.

Although I'm somewhat oriented already, Orientation Week lived up to the hype yet again this year. And Michigan football did not fail to disappoint yet again this year. My expectations for Michigan football are very modest, but my expectations for a solid year of social endeavors is very aggressive as it should be. What I didn't expect was my apparent lack of "class stamina". I had two classes today and while it was a pretty light day my eyelids started getting mighty heavy at around 4pm.

A bunch of my friends are in my 2:10 class and when I showed up I three of us were wearing the same exact blue polo shirt with a red horse, and not just that but another friend in the class before had the same shirt on and then three other people in my class had the same shirt on. The class was a finance class and most of the people in the class worked on Wall Street this summer, so I guess we played into every cliche of the predictable, lemming-like "finance guys". Kudos to Polo for being the "Official Outfitter" of the MBA first day of school.



Guys in b-school have much worse hairlines by the way.

It's funny to see the MBA1s all dressed up though. It'll be about a week before they are wearing t-shirts and flip flops. This is Michigan. And before it gets to be -5 degrees in three weeks people are going to want to enjoy the days of flip flops and t-shirts, and standing outside the building and throwing the football while the undergrads stroll by. And speaking of undergrads, who's the newest girl on the block to have a little baked Alaska cooking in the oven. Oh yes you are Bristol Palin. Oh yes you have a little baby baked Alaska in that tummy. So adorable. When you are 17 or whatever and have a baby in tow, it kind of kills your game at Skeeps, no? Like, do you wear a Gucci baby carrier out to the bar to match your bag?


The scary thing is that it took me about .5 seconds to find such a ridiculous item. I'm going to put this thing right up there on the ridiculous-ometer with the $400 Goyard dog bowl I saw once. Anyway, Bristol my dear, well done grabbing the local hockey stud. Those guys stay cool forever, trust me, I see them all working at the delis when I go home. Free chicken parms for life though. That's pretty awesome. Anyway, my dear Bristol is 17 going on 26, and I'm, well, 26 going on 17 or something like that these days. It's funny how things work out sometimes I guess. Enjoy the US Open.

No comments: