Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Why is this Night Different from All Other Nights?

As I get ready to drop the hammer on a plate full of brisket and some haroset for Passover this coming Saturday, perhaps the above question was never more appropriate than last Saturday. As mentioned, this past weekend was Admit Weekend, which means that every night there's something great going on. From the free meals, to the free drink, I was beginning to wonder if this was more for current students than admitted students. "Who am I to argue" said the boy eating a free filet mignon at Chophouse and waxing poetic to a bunch of wide-eyed admits. I hosted not one, but two admits. One was from Chicago, was living with his girlfriend in Chicago, and had also gotten into Kellogg. He's not coming here. The other one had already decided on Michigan.

The festivities culminated with a MBA happy hour on Saturday evening at Skeeps. Happy Hour was from 7-9, and since we usually go to Skeeps on Saturday night anyway a bunch of us figured we'd just stay there all night. As most of the admits and MBA trickled out as it approached 9p, we began questioning whether sticking around until 11 was a good idea. Our answer came at about 10:15. Apparently last Saturday was Kappa Kappa Gamma Lingerie Night, and at around 10:15 a dozen or so girls came in wearing basically nothing.



Hooray! Tushies for everyone!
(note: the girls don't look anything like this)

The admits were floored, and I guess we were all pretty surprised as well. I mean we've seen some pretty outrageous things at Skeeps so maybe we were a little jaded. The remaining admits asked "is it like this every Saturday?", and with the Stephen M. Ross School of Business' best interest in mind, I said, "Yes. Every Saturday". Blatant lie, but I wondered, why does this night have to be different from all other nights? Why can't every night be like this? In some ways this past year has been like that every night, and I don't mean specifically a lingerie party. This isn't Arizona State or something. I mean that this past year has been so unlike anything I've ever done before. I guess I'm getting nostalgic because I'm officially done at about 5p next Wednesday, not that I'm counting the hours or anything. Looking back, the amount of work and play that has happened since September absolutely blows my mind. Officially I can say I've never had a busier 8 months in my entire life.

The next couple days are basically going to suck, as all the final preparation needs to be completed before I go back out to San Fran next Tuesday for our final presentation. No complaints here though. It's tough to get upset when it finally hit 70 degrees in Ann Arbor for the first time since the Fall. The best part of the Spring in Ann Arbor is that as soon as it gets decently warm...50s...people just start throwing footballs all over the street. The air smells like skunked beer and charcoal, and even the bums are out. I saw a guy drinking a 40 on a tree stump outside my building and soaking in the sun. That's the beautiful thing about the sunshine...it doesn't discriminate. So it's only a few more days of grinding before my days are filled with footballs and bbqs and some sweet sweet natural Vitamin D. Lastly, note to self, never have daughters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sexy leather lingerie is one of the famous in the present time. we make all kind of leather clothing

www.eleathershop.com

myleatherlingerie said...

Stylish latest & best collection of Leather lingerie, Leather corsets, Leather thongs, Leather bras & much more absolutely free air shipping all over the world.

Corsets said...

Lingerie store selling sexy lingerie, stockings and alluring body stockings.
http://www.sexysexylingerie.co.uk/christmas-2009