Monday, June 29, 2009

Some Pics from Abroad

Ko Phi Phi at Sunset
Monk in Luang Prabang

Maya Beach, Ko Phi Phi, Thailand.


Chillin. On a fallen tree trunk. In a waterfall. In Laos.



Angkor Wat at Sunrise

Above are a few pics. I'd love to post more but as you might imagine, the connection in Ko Phi Phi isn't exactly fast. Quick story...I finally got a massage, a PG13 one, and I've been putting it off for no other reason than I'm ticklish and don't particularly care for massages. But my back was scarlet and my dogs were barking and I needed some TLC. So I'm in this room by myself getting an aloe massage and I quickly find myself flanked by several Irish girls who walk in and are now getting a massage as well. Oh, and I'm in my underoos. I'm just thinking to myself, just don't laugh. And this lady is getting all up in my joints and pressure points and I'm just trying not to laugh. She flips me around on my back and is now massaging my arms and chest with aloe and it feels pretty damn awesome. And then for whatever reason she takes the aloe and makes a mohawk with my chest hair and starts dying of laughter. So then of course I'm laughing now too because I have a 50 year old Thai woman straddling me making a mohawk with my chest hair while a bunch of Irish girls are watching a giggling as well. I felt like a million bucks afterwards though and $10 for an hour wasn't too bad either.


















1 comment:

Jacob in Whoknowswhereistan said...

Hi John! sa bai dii mai? It is fun reading the blog and I like your literary travel style. Im going to be in Bangkok one night July 8, maybe you be there too. Then I am off to Burma 7/9 morning. At any rate, keep enjoying the travel and everything!