Friday, January 11, 2008

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

How do you know when it's time to leave a bar? When two guys get in a fight and fists start flying.

How do you know when it's time to stay at a bar? When an Asian girl punches the birthday girl in the breast, and the birthday girl takes her magic wand and smacks the Asian girl in the face. When I see a girl with a birthday hat on get punched in the breast, you better believe it's going to make the blog. I'm sure both of their fathers would've been proud.

Suffice to say, when these two fights happened within one minute of each other last night I was very conflicted as to what I was going to do. This Asian girl had the full on "Asian blush" from drinking and then she turned even more red after the fight. She looked like an heirloom tomato that was wearing way too much mascara. Naturally, the thoughts of tomatoes suddenly made me hungry, so my friend and I just decided the smartest thing to do was get a slice of pizza.

Maybe I'm getting a little long in the tooth, but watching these children lose their minds at the bar yesterday was shocking. Obviously part of the reason is the excessive drinking of bottom shelf alcohol, but it's also because walking to a bar with no jacket and then going into a bar that's a terrarium-friendly 75 degrees just screws with the mind and body.

Hey kids of suburbia...remember making terrariums...or should I say, hey mothers of suburbia out there...remember making these for your kids when they told you at 9pm the night before it was due?


But anyway, last night, I rocked a sweater, and again I got a comment that clearly I wasn't an undergrad. But then I flipped the script and pulled some David Blaine street magic on this girl. I said, where are you from? She said New York. I said, "why are you going to tell me New York, when both you and I know you're from Long Island". Then we realized we lived next door to one another and I told her I'd seen her walking to class last week. She said, well what was I wearing, and I said "tights and Uggs". Two for two. Then I tried to make her personality reappear. Two out of three ain't bad.

I'm going to go to bed now. I'm going to the local mall tomorrow to look for some new spectacles, as my other ones broke. I saw on another blog that you could set up a survey and have people vote on things. I wish I could do that with some frames, but I'm not that tech savvy yet. More later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Mystery's show on VH1 has some competition...

Anonymous said...

that's a great line... i may have to use that at some point because i find myself thinking the same thing entirely too often. Is it the schools, the parents, or just the air that makes Lond Island girls a different species of female...