Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eli's Coming




Sing along starting at 00:36

Eli's Coming. Hide your heart girl
I'm lip-syncing, I really play the drums
Girl! Eli's coming. You better Omaha!
Girl! Eli's coming. You better Omaha!
Girl! Eli's coming. You better Omaha!
Girl! Eli's coming. Omahahaaaa!
Hide It! You betta betta Omaha.
Eli's coming...betta walk walk.
But you'll never get away, no you'll never get away
From bro Peyton's shadow.
I walked with Troy Palomalu hey!
Eve-ry-where I go. OOOOOO!
Eli's Coming (She walked but she never got away)
Eli's Coming (She walked but she never got away)
Eli's Coming and he's comin' to get yaaaaa...

Chord change........(shenanigans, shenanigans....)


Oh man, that was fun. Isn't the best part at 1:54 when pink scarf guy does the we-sing-at-the-same-time-but-I'm-moving-the-microphone-between-us-thing, and the guy with Marv Albert's toupee has no clue what's going on. What a great video. I've probably watched that youtube clip at least 50 times in the past 48 hours. I can't get enough and I'm pretty sure the chick with the mustache is in my Valuations class. But the point is this, Eli freaking Manning, Giants, Super Bowl. Wow. And in case you don't know, "Omaha" is what Eli says every time he steps up to the line of scrimmage. Kind of like how Tom Brady always says "White 80, White 80" and Jared Lorenzen always says "Bacon Egg Cheese, Salt Pepper Ketchup".

Anyway, when that field goal went through the uprights in overtime I almost passed out. I don't think I've felt that type of pure joy and excitement in a long long time, which means that I need to get out a little bit more. The Giants proved to be a healthy distraction from the grind of class and the interview process. There is no guarantee on the job front, but there is a guarantee that in less than two weeks I'll get to watch the Giants play in the Super Bowl, and that's enough to keep the spirits high.

I was speaking to my friend Eli tonight (I swear, he lives on the 5th floor) and we were talking about job stuff. He made a very good point. A year ago today most of the first year MBAs were sitting pretty. We had good jobs, some were making good salaries, and life was good. A year ago, if someone had said, "hey, I want to offer you a job in Corporate Finance at the Limited Brands. They're located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio", you would have said, "seriously? Get out of my face with that Reynoldsburg, Ohio nonsense". But now, as people start going through the process and seeing how difficult it is they are changing their tune, and if you ask them the same question today they might say "Is there a Cheesecake Factory in Reynoldsburg? Oh, there is? I guess I could handle it for a summer". With the markets the way they are and with banks tightening their belts it really doesn't look great for our protagonist. But sheeeeeeet, if Eli Manning can start the season 0-2 and make it to the Super Bowl, I'm pretty sure I can find a way to get a summer job.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! where's my credit?... F'onz

John said...

Someone took down the youtube video, which means that the video can no longer be seen on my blog, or anywhere on youtube. While I'd like to believe that I crashed some server because of the millions of people visiting this blog and watching the video, well, I don't know. I'll leave that up to you to decide. In the absence of the video, here's a static picture with the song in the background. -Finger

pilou3000 said...

Does anybody know how to get this piece of anthology back...I'm talking about Eli's coming three dog night performance with Corey Wells unbashfully wearing the flower pink shirt.
What an amazing infectuous soul lifting video...who can find it again??? Watched it in a loop without getting sick of it...I'm hocked! Pilou3000

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool site you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog you got here. It would be great to read a bit more concerning that matter. Thanx for posting that data.