Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mock...yeah...Int...yeah...erview...yeah, Mock Interview

Vacation starts in t-minus three days, which means one thing...I'm getting my ass kicked by work right now. But quite honestly, if that wasn't the case then this really wouldn't be College, now would it? And it's not like over vacation I can just go back into perfecting my #1 skill of memorizing SportsCenter. I actually have to do some work. We got these interview study guides from UBS (thanks UBS!) that we have to study. Well, we don't HAVE to study them, but if we don't we'll end up as lifeguards this summer, which is kind of what I want to be anyway. Anyway, undoubtedly this UBS book will something I carry during vacation and will make an excellent door stop, pillow for the beach, and if all goes well, kindling for a parking lot bonfire once Michigan beats Florida in the Capital One Bowl (I'll be there). I'm looking forward to being done, but even once I'm done with exams on Friday, the work doesn't stop. I have a mock interview on Saturday morning, after a Christmas party on Friday night, which takes place after my final exam...so you do the math....a few 7 & 7s, plus a 40 equals, I don't know. I did a mock interview last week which was interesting. It was my first one ever, and I dressed in a suit and I had to make mock small talk, and told some mock jokes, chatted about mock turtlenecks, and made a mockery of the BCS system. Even though the mock interview was with an MBA2 I was still a little nervous and I mocked up a couple questions that I should've gotten. Mock me. But the point is to simulate the experience as best as possible, and hopefully it'll help me as I have two informational interviews next week. So what I'm trying to say is I'm going to be busy for the next few days and the next time I might get to you I might be in the Sunshine state.

But before I go here are a couple of things I've been thinking about that you may or may not want to think about too as you are sitting in your spacious office...

1. If you could swim in a pool filled entirely with soup, would it be in a soup that you really enjoy or a soup that you feel like you wouldn't drown in. Is there a happy medium?
2. T-Pain is garbage because I just heard Snoop Dogg use the that voice syyyynnthesizzzererererer yeeeaaahhhh girrrrllll, and Snoop can't sing to save himself and he still sounded pretty good.
3. What are take out Chinese food joints' margins on lunch specials. I bet the actual food costs 45 cents and they sell it for $5 or $6. That's a pretty solid margin. When the Wall Street Journal says that the Chinese economy is sizzling I know why.
4. Why do I generally not enjoy Christmas songs yet I really like that Mariah Carey Christmas song "All I Want for Christmas is You". It might be Mariah's best work. Ever.
5. If you took steroids and were about to get called out on it and were retired, wouldn't you just admit it and say that when you were taking them they were technically legal? I think Mark McGuire is the biggest joke and you can tell him I said that.

No comments: