Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Let's Get Fiscal

I just turned on my TV because I wanted to watch this week's DVR-ed episode of Lost and then I got pretty angry when I realized my DVR didn't record the show this week. It took a few minutes to realize that today isn't Thursday, it's Wednesday, and Lost hasn't aired yet. Over the last week I've been lost in the space-time continuum, not knowing what day it is, or what activity I have planned. It's been great. Last night I made it to Detroit to watch the Yankees whup up on the Tigers. I know I've said this before but Detroit is a sad place. All the buildings around the stadium were dark and some didn't even have windows, and it wasn't because people were done with work and trying to save on air conditioning costs.

By my next post I will have graduated, and I keep checking to make sure that those last 1.5 credits come through the system so it is official. But I have other problems. Not the swine flu. Not the minor bug infestation in my apartment. Something bigger. I'm a wanted fugitive in Australia. Apparently we received a speeding ticket in Victoria, Australia. Were we ever pulled over by a cop? No. So clearly it was some sort of camera or speed gun or something, so it's kind of impossible to dispute. I don't remember going too fast. If anything we were extra sensitive to the speed laws because we were driving in a different country, and the fact that we were driving on the opposite side of the road made us more cautious. The damage is about $250 USD which split among 5 people is palatable, but still annoying. I don't know how this whole thing works exactly, but in the Finger Economic Stimulus Plan I'm making sure that I'm ticketing foreigners renting cars two months after leaving they leave US. "But I don't know the kilometers per hour to mph conversion and I don't remember speeding"... well tough cookies Jean Claude, that'll be $400 paid to the state of Connecticut. If we could somehow convince foreigners to travel to Michigan we could revitalize Detroit on speed tickets alone. Can we do this? Yes we can. Ok, we probably can't but it's probably the best idea I've had all day.

Campus is getting crowded and it truly is a pleasure to see these Jappy girls with their parents in tow. There's no better barometer of how a jewish girl is going to look and act when they grow up than by looking at their mother. Ann Arbor waiters and waitresses beware.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/order-amoxicillin/]can you buy amoxicillin at a feed store
[/url]buy liquid amoxicillin for cats
amoxicillin 875 mg. tab gre
can you buy amoxicillin over the counter in australia