Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fin.

So I have this kind of weird reoccurring daydream whenever I'm in class. If class is boring or I don't particularly want to be there at that moment I dream that I reach into my backpack and pull out this little box. In this little box is a baseball with a note taped to it and the note reads, "You know what to do". And what I'm supposed to do is stand up and throw the baseball through the clock and then every clock in the entire school explodes and everyone comes rushing out of their classes and right out the front door throwing all their papers and notes in the air. It's magnificent. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've had this daydream in class, but now what's the point...classes are over...forever...until I apply to Michigan Law School and get another three years as a student. No, I'm just joking, I'm done with school. Now I just have to start the cleaning up process of getting rid of stuff I can't possibly need or want once I move home/to NYC. For a packrat like me that's not going to be easy, because you know, seriously, I think I'll need that Make a Wish Foundation Charity 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament t-shirt for the rest of my life; not to wear of course, but to have in my drawer to look at from time to time.
Thankfully I was able to sell the vast majority of stuff to the next tenant of room 402, but I still have a bed and a lot of dishware to contend with. Who the hell was I kidding when I bought a set of wine glasses from Ikea, or when I brought my wok to school, or my reading pillow, my DVD player, or my copy of Sun Tzu's Art of War. Jay-Z said, "All I need...rocawear (check), nike airs (check), mean bucket (uh-huh), Armadale in the club, couple of duckets (yeah), couple of chicks by my side now let's ride...". That would be nice of course but all I need is a phone (check), a fridge (check), some chicken (uh-huh), internet connection in my room, couple of duckets.

I traveled internationally this past weekend. To Windsor Ontario. Which is right across the Detroit River. Yeah, there's a Detroit River. I went to a bachelor party on Friday night, and was back on Saturday morning. I'm still baffled how the bachelor is still alive right now, and am legitimately scared of what Las Vegas would be like. I've never been, and I'm guessing I probably need to go at some point in the next few years. And on Saturday we kept it rolling in Ann Arbor.
Rolling in Ann Arbor.

Segways are kind of awesome and kind of scary at the same time. I wonder if you can get a DUI riding a Segway. So here I am on Tuesday counting down the days, counting the number of sneakers in my closet and wondering how the days of school decreased so rapidly while the number of sneakers increased so rapidly. I just don't know. I just, don't, know.

No comments: