Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shmalentine's

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, which I celebrated by going to a college hockey game and and then I did what any single person on campus should do on Valentine's Day and that's go to Rick's. I could explain to you in words what happens to special young ladies who go to Rick's on Valentine's Day, but I feel like a graph will probably do the trick.




Although, I feel like that's how it is there most nights anyway, so perhaps it was nothing special. Also, under the category of things that are nothing special, those new Mission 'G' commercials for Gatorade. Gatorade keeps taking 30 seconds of my life that I'll never get back.

I was pretty productive this past week so I've done all my final projects/papers, and now only have one test standing between me and my Wednesday flight to Australia. I did my job stimulating the economy in the past week, buying a camera and accessories, and $1 travel-size toothpaste. Every dollar counts. I'm pretty excited, not so much about the flooding in the north or about the brush fires in the south, but I'm hoping it'll be a seriously awesome 16 days down under. Should be a good time, and I'll be radio silent while I'm there, but will surely have stories when I'm back. For the next three days I'm going to figure out how to get three weeks of clothing into a gym bag and a backpack. Oh, it's happening. You may remember (likely not though) my blog about the 80/20 Rule in which I said that 80% of the time you only wear 20% of the clothes you bring, so keeping that in mind I'm going to be a better packer or just make sure I steal some clothing when I'm there.

Any must do Aussie activities let me know.

No comments: